I've learnt more than I expected
- Be active – how to become friends with Germans. When I decided to go to Germany, everybody said that Germans are not friendly and they don’t like speaking to foreigners. THAT’S NOT TRUE! What I’ve learned about Germans – they are too shy to start a conversation with foreigners, so the main thing is – be active – go and talk to anybody at the uni, say hello and be friendly! Surprising – afterwards they always try to talk to you as often as possible and of course, they try to help you all the time. I’ve heard that if you’ve become friends with a German person – it’s a friend for your entire life!
- Use your time. During my semester one thing that I’ve learned was how to plan my time. Time is going too fast, and I’m happy that I’ve learned how to use my time USEFULLY. Sometimes I was so busy at the uni, but I still found time to chill.
- Be international. I’ve met lots of people from different countries. It is awesome! People are so different and it makes the exchange semester even more interesting! After all I realized that I want to learn as many languages as possible. It’s fun! And now I can go to visit my friends in eight different countries! Isn’t that great?
- Improve your language skills. Before coming to Germany, my main purpose was to improve my German language skills. And I got even more! I improved my English and German at the same time! I also had the opportunity to improve my Russian, but I was more focussed on German and English. So Remagen and RheinAhrCampus are a perfect place to learn languages!
- Always think what you want to do in life! During my stay in Germany I’ve met a lot of people, who although they were a bit older than me they were still studying and finding out what do they really want to do with their lives. I was so impressed! I always thought that I had to finish my studies as soon as possible and get a job, no matter what kind of job. But now my attitude has changed. Studying at RheinAhrCampus helped me to understand how important it is to find the sphere I’m really good at. Studies and job should provide pleasure and it doesn’t matter how long you need to find your place in the world!
- Small – doesn’t mean boring. Some people say that Remagen is small and maybe a bit boring. No way! I had a lot of fun here because Remagen is full of students, which means – friends and parties.
As you can see, RheinAhrCampus is a great place to start your international life. I’m super happy that I’ve chosen Remagen and RheinAhrCampus. Hope to come back here some day! Vaida from Lithuania