The Faculty of Business and Social Sciences was very happy to welcome Assistant Professor Dr. Darlene Booth-Bell on campus.
Dr Booth-Bell earned a bachelor's degree in Accounting from Pennsylvania State University, an MPM degree from Carnegie Mellon University and a Ph.D in Accounting from Aston University. Outside university, she has worked for the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and Wells Fargo in various positions.
Her Main teaching interests are
- Fundamental Accounting Principles
- Cost Accounting.
Her main research interests include
- Corporate Goverance and Board Diversity Goverance Theories
- The Role of Social Capital in the Attainment of Director Positions.
Please consult her CCU faculty profile for more details.
In Summer 2019, Prof. Dr. Booth-Bell taught two electives in the fields of Board Governance and Women and the US Corporate Workforce at RheinAhrCampus for our graduate students (second teaching term):
- B07a Women and the US Corporate Workforce (M.A.), Tues, 8:15-11:30 (Room D019)
- B07b International Study Skills: Board Governance (M.A.), Mon, 14:15-17:30 (Room A129)
The students participated in discussion, engaged in project-based research activities, presented their results and wrote papers which helped them to develop their writing skills.
In addition, Prof. Booth-Bell strengthened the relations between CCU and RheinAhrCampus by giving talks during our International Week and promoting CCU during our International Day.
Thanks for a very rewarding faculty visit!