Academic Counselling for Refugees

Academic Counselling for Refugees

How can you start or continue your studies in Germany? What are the requirements for refugees?

German Language Skills are Essential!

Most of our degree courses are mainly taught in German - which means that you will need a level of B2 in order to be successful. The following web resources will show you where and how to get to the required level of German before you start your studies:

TestDaF (Test für Deutsch als Fremdsprache) preparation courses are offered by language schools, e.g.  iSL-Sprachschule Koblenz. TestDaF Overview

If you would like to develop your language skills individually, you may also use the following App free of charge: Projekt Deutsch als Fremdsprache für Integration (DaFür). Download the App for free!


What is the German academic environment like?

What options do I have in the federal state of Rhineland-Palatinate?

What are my options at Koblenz University of Applied Sciences?

How to apply

Our university cooperaates with Uni-Assist e.V. for the evaluation of international qualifications. Refugees can apply through uni-assist free of charge, provided that they have participated in an on-site counselling. Please contact the International Office, the BAföG office, the AStA Social Services or our Academic Counselling Service for an appointment.

Information about TestAs is available at: TestAS

Zur Seite Familie und Hochschule
Zur externen Webseite des Studierendenwerk Koblenz
Zum Dokument (PDF) Weltoffene Hochschule
Zur Webseite Ökoprofit
Covid-19 Digital studieren
Zur Webseite Diversity im Studienalltag
Zur externen Webseite Hochschulallianz für den Mittelstand
Zur Webseite Stipendien
Logo Vielfalt gestalten
Zur Webseite Forschungs- und Entwicklungsprojekte
Zur externen Webseite Gesundheitsregion