Study in the USA
Study in the USA
Our partner university in the United States is Coastal Carolina University. There is a long-standing history of cooperation between Koblenz University of Applied Sciences and CCU - which is embedded into the Sister State Agreement between the federal states of South Carolina and Rhineland-Palatinate.
You would like to know what it is like to be part of the "Teal Nation"? - We ask students to report about their study abroad experience on a regular basis - and these are some of the comments we found among their responses:
- The sheer size of the campus with all of its different buildings and sports facilties was a surprise to me. Crossing the campus might take you 20 minutes if you walk - but there is a shuttle bus service as well.
- Students and faculty really identify with "their" university. On "Teal Tuesday" everybody wears the campus colors - and Chauncey, the campus mascot, is everywhere!
- There is an excellent student-staff ratio. Classes aren't too big - and the relationship to professors is quite personal.
- I liked the range of assessment methods. There may be scores for essays, quizzes, projects, presentations and participation in class - so your score is not solely dependent on the outcome of one final exam at the end of the term. It also means that you need to keep up with the pace of the course - so that you never lose touch with what is happening in class.
- I liked the 24/7 availability of many academic support units - and as there is a security service on campus, you feel safe even if you have to walk back to the dorms in the evening.
You want to learn more? Check out some of the experience reports on our website!