Prof. Dr. Sibylle Treude
Wiss. Ltg. Graduiertenzentrum
RheinMoselCampus Koblenz Karthause, Konrad-Zuse-Straße 1
DE - 56075 Koblenz
DE - 56075 Koblenz
Fields of research
- European integration, in particular:
- Sustainability concepts in the European Union
- European economic policy
- Theoretical approaches of European (dis-)integration
- Economic and social history 19th/20th century
- ”Dimensions of sustainability in the European Union“: The European Commission´s declared aim of the European Green Deal (EGD) as a new growth strategy for Europe is to reconcile the goals of environmental protection and a competitive digital economy as well as social inclusive societies in Europe. The EGD serves as orientation for the politico-economic coordination at EU-level ”to put sustainability and the well-being of citizens at the center of economic policy, and the sustainable development goals at the heart of the EU’s policymaking and action“ (European Commission, COM(2019) 640 final). The project focuses on the dimensions and implications of the EGD with regard to sustainable governance and approaches to its strategic and operational aspects.
- In preparation: monograph: Theoretische Ansätze der europäischen Desintegration (”Theoretical approaches of European disintegration“)
- Digitalisation and Internationalisation: Digitalisation of the international activities aims at the hamonisation of digital structures and processes of the Hochschule Koblenz internally and externally with its stakeholders at the regional, national and international level. The processes of student and staff mobilities will be optimised on the basis of joint management systems as in the Erasmus+ Dashboard. A digital global network ensures the sustainable attractiveness and positioning of the Hochschule Koblenz in the international academic landscape. Digital and flexible teaching formats and research collaboration are essential for diversity and further internationalisation as strategic goals of the Hochschule Koblenz.