KOALAS is a project in the DAAD programme BIDS (a support initiative for German Schools abroad and partner Schools). In this programme, German universities build networks with German schools around the world and support their graduates in making the transition to studying in Germany. This includes intensive information sessions, supporting partner schools and their students in the process, preparatory measures for studies, advisory services in the application phase and support especially in the first two semesters.
The University of Koblenz participates in the BIDS project with the cooperation project KOALAS of the University of Koblenz and the Koblenz University of Applied Sciences.
KOALAS offers regular online information services for students from German schools abroad who are interested in studying with us. This includes direct contact via Zoom, on-site visits by our students as well as STEM and language workshops. This gives prospective students a comprehensive impression of German higher education in general and Koblenz in particular.
Sankt Thomas Morus Santiago
Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humbolt (Campus West)
Colegio Alemán Alexander von Humbolt (Campus Süd)
Colegio Alemán de Guadalajara
Kabatas Erkek Lisesi Istanbul
Ruanda-Zentrum Universität Koblenz-Landau
Deutsche Schule El Salvador
1. How much is the scholarship? 400 EUR/ month for max. 1 year of studies. An extension is not possible.
2. What are my duties in order to receive this scholarship?
You are available as an ambassador for graduates of your former school.
At the end of your first semester, you will write a field report or make a video about your studies and life in Koblenz.
- School-leaving certificate from a PASCH partner school which is in the KOALAS project
- Required language certificate according to the admission requirements at Koblenz University of Applied Sciences or Koblenz University (B2 or C1).
- Application for study at Koblenz University of Applied Sciences
4. Documents required for the scholarship application
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of passport or identity card
- Motivational letter in German
- School-leaving certificate or school reports from the last school year
- Proof of German language skills
- Proof of special commitment inside or outside school or special knowledge
The application deadline is 15.07.2024
Please send the application documents in a PDF file to koalas(at)hs-koblenz.de
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The following are not eligible for funding
- German citizens; however, it is possible to apply if you have dual citizenship (please send us a short e-mail so that we can tell you whether you could be sponsored).
- Recipients of a DAAD full scholarship and other merit-based scholarships
- Exchange students
- Applicants who did not complete their school-leaving certificate at a German school abroad or at a German partner school.
The project is funded by the DAAD with funds from the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt).