Everybuddy needs Somebuddy
Welcome to the Buddy Program for international students of the University of Applied Sciences Koblenz.
The Buddy Programme supports international exchange and full-time students in their orientation at the University of Applied Sciences Koblenz by providing them a local "Buddy" who already knows the university and city well.
You are studying at the University of Applied Sciences Koblenz? You would like to do voluntary work and you are interested in intercultural exchange? Then apply as a "Buddy" for international students!
- You get to know students from all over the world.
- In the best case, new acquaintances become international friends.
- You get to know new languages and cultures.
- You get involved on a voluntary basis and receive a certificate of this.
- Assistance with the orientation at the university
- Integration into the student union
- Assistance with finding accommodation
- Individual support for everyday questions
- Joint participation in activities of the International Office
Depending on the classification of the students to be supervised, you will have different focuses:
Guest students require more intensive supervision, especially at the beginning of the semester. This includes e.g. picking them up from the airport/train station, accompanying them when dealing with authorities and helping with the scheduling of their studies.
Full-time students are often already in Germany for a certain time. Here the social integration into the student body is the main focus, as well as communication in German.
Chinese students from our partner university in Qingdao usually arrive in Germany at the beginning to the middle of April and need more intensive support in the first weeks (picking them up from the airport, dealing with authorities, etc.). In addition, the preparation for the start of studies in the winter semester is a priority.
That sounds great? Then register online.
You are new at the University of Applied Sciences Koblenz, need support and are looking for new contacts? Then the Buddy Program is just the right thing for you!
- You will quickly make new contacts in Koblenz and get to know the surroundings.
- You have a contact person for questions about your studies and the organisation at the university.
- You can visit all events of the International Office.
- You learn more about the German language and culture.
- At best, a new acquaintance will lead to an international friendship.
How does the program work:
- Register as "International".
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the International Office.
- Shortly afterwards your buddy will get in touch with you.
- Arrange individual meetings with your buddy and take part in the events of the International Office together.
Registration Form Buddy-Program
If you have any questions or concerns, you can also write an email to: buddy
We look forward to you!
I have read and accepted the data protection declaration according to Art. 13 and Art. 14 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).