Deadline Application SuSe 24: 30.10.23

General Information, funding rates, general conditions

Exchange Activities for students, teaching and other staff members is always based on an Inter Institutional Agreement between both institutions (Partner universities are required to be certified with an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE)). 

Hochschule Koblenz has documented their internationaliation strategy regarding all countries within the European Union in the HS Koblenz Erasmus strategy paper 2021-2023.

Further information can be obtained on the European Commission program pages.

Current funding rates:

Group 1

(high cost of living)     Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, Sweden, 

                                     Partner countries Region 14 (Faroese-Islands, Switzerland, UK                                                           600 EUR / month


Group 2

(av. cost of living)    Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus

                                  Partnercountries Region 13 (Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican State)                                         540 EUR / month


Group 3                    

(low cost of living) Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, North Macedonia, Romania, Slovakia,

                                Slovenia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary                                                                               490 EUR / month                                                    


Internships: 150 EUR / month

Partcicpants with fewer opportunities*: 250 EUR / month

Green Travel: 50 EUR single payment

*Feel free to contact us for more information about funding or fewer opportunities! Models for most documents can be found in the download section here.

You can also contact germany's national agency DAAD for further information:

Deutschen Akademischen Austauschdienst
Nationale Agentur für EU-Hochschulzusammenarbeit
Kennedyallee 50
53115 Bonn
Tel.: +49(0)228/882-578
Fax: +49(0)228/882-555
E-Mail: eu-programme(at)

„Dieses Projekt wurde mit Unterstützung der Europäischen Kommission finanziert. Die Verantwortung für den Inhalt dieser Veröffentlichung trägt allein der Verfasser; die Kommission haftet nicht für die weitere Verwendung der darin enthaltenen Angaben.“

To take part in the ERASMUs program students and staff members are required to be registered citizens/refugees in one of the countries participating in the program and have longterm residence in germany.

This means that all full time students currently enrolled at Hochschule Koblenz, also with a third country background, aiming to graduate can take part in the ERASMUS+ program.

Valid for:

  • all Nationalities
  • all age groups
  • all study cycles
  • Bafög students as well as non-Bafög students

Exchange students can not apply for a semester abroad.

Infos zu den rechtlichen Grundlagen


ERASMUS funding does not include any insurance coverage. Neither the European Commission nor the Natinal Agency or Hochschule Koblenz will cover any damage resulting from illness, death, accidents, injuries, losses or damage to property ocurring in connection with your ERASMUS stay abroad.

Each participant has to make sure that he or she has sufficient insurance. Hochschule Koblenz recommends buying liabilty insurance as well as making sure your health insurance coverage is sufficient as well.

One option would be DAAD insurance.

Students nominated for an ERASMUS semester abroad will receive more in-depth information during their PreDepartureSession prior to their mobility.

First Steps

You were successfully able to apply for a semester aborad with ERASMUS and now need additional information regarding workflows, deadlines, obligatory events and required documents? Our guidelines are there to support you and help answering some of the most urgent questions you might have. Models for all required docmuents can be found in our download area on the right hand side. we also provided you with additional guidelines for filling in the Grant agreement. If you still need further information, feel free to join our weekly online session (only during the lecture period) or stop by in Room HU26.

starting with the summer term 2022 all students at Hochschule Koblenz will be able to apply for additional travel grants in form of a 50 € funding or additional travel days (will be funded with up to four additional day(s) of studying abroad) if they travel sustainably.

What is sustainable?

Sustainable travel would be travelling by bike, bus, train or using a carpool. Air travel is excluded.

How to apply??

Please provide us with the declaration of honour in connection with all required documents of proof to erasmus(at) Once the declaration has been approved you will receive a written statement.

What counts as proof for sustainable travel?

We accept all tickets for trains, busses, ferries as well as rental car or gas station receipts. If you plan on travelling in a carpool each participant is required to provide us with a declaration on honor as well as foto proof or receipts. You are also welcome to take over our Instagram account for one or two days to document your road trip. This is also valid for travels by bike.

When am i going to receive the Green Travel payment??

Green Travel funding is usually transferred with your second payment after your return.

Beginning with the Application period for the summer term 2023 our students will have access to the updated social top-ups for students with fewer opportunities. Apart from the well-established top-ups for students with children and disabilities, there are now additional options available for first generation students, working students and students with chronic illness. The social top-ups will be 250,00 €/month and can only be obtained for one category. Categories cannot be combined.

Further information can be found in our information sheet in the mobility options with Erasmus - study abroad download section on the right hand side!

What happens after Brexit regarding mobilities to and from the UK? More information on this can be found on the DAAD website.

After Brexit the UK provides students with a seperate mobility program, the Turing Scheme. Their Website provides you with more information.