Stellenangebote der Hochschule
Tandem professorship Organisational and personnel development in the social economy in the context of demographic change
Koblenz University of Applied Sciences (www.hs-koblenz.de) is based on three academic campuses in Koblenz, Remagen and Höhr-Grenzhausen and offers scientific teaching, further education and applied research with a comprehensive range of on-site and distance-learning courses.
The Arbeiterwohlfahrt (AWO) is one of the six central organisations of non-statutory welfare work in Germany. In its facilities, the district association AWO Rheinland e. V. looks after senior citizens, runs day care centres for children, dementia counselling centres and counselling centres for migrants, neighbourhood offices and the “Bezirksjugendwerk” as independent district youth organisation (www.awo-rheinland.de). The AWO Rhineland has its headquarters in Koblenz.
The following tandem professorship is available in the Department of Social Sciences at the Rhine-Mosel Campus in Koblenz for the winter semester 2023/24:
Tandem professorship "Organisational and personnel development in the social economy in the context of demographic change"
(Fixed-term three year contract under private law)
The employment is 50% at Koblenz University of Applied Sciences (remuneration based on grade W1) and 50% at the cooperation partner AWO Rheinland e.V. (remuneration comparable). The main focus of the advertised professorship is on the following topics:
• Adaptation and design of social services in the context of social change
• Demographically sensitive personnel and organisational development
• Strategies in the shortage of skilled workers
What can you expect?
• Integration into a department with a high level of practical relevance
• Acquisition of three years of non-university professional experience to qualify for a professorship at a University of Applied Sciences
• Support through a flexible and individually structured qualification programme
• Support in the development of new as well as of digital teaching formats
What do we expect?
• Applicants will hold a degree in social sciences or a degree in business administration with clear reference to the advertised denomination
• Applicants will hold a PhD in a relevant discipline
• Applicants will show relevant experience and expertise in the three main topics mentioned above
• Applicants will have teaching experience at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
• Applicants will be prepared to take on teaching duties also at weekends
• Applicants will engage in professional and didactic development and contribute to the design and development of new modules, programmes and teaching content
A high quality of teaching and supporting the students in their learning processes is an important concern for us. This includes using a wide range of teaching and assessment methodologies as blended learning, online teaching and teaching evaluation. The implementation of teaching in German and English and a weekly on-site presence, which ensures qualified advice and regular contact with students as well as participation in the self-governing bodies of the university is mandatory.
The applicant is expected to agree with the mission statement and quality concept of the university.
The requirements for professor positions result from § 54 of the Higher Education Act of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate (HochSchG).
Koblenz University of Applied Sciences advocates diversity, equal opportunities and work-life balance. Koblenz University of Applied Sciences promotes women. Women will be given preferential consideration in the case of equivalent suitability, ability and professional performance, as there is an under-representation in the area of professorships at Koblenz University of Applied Sciences (§ 3 para. 8 State Equal Opportunities Act RLP). Therefore, qualified female academics are expressly invited to apply. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the case of equal suitability.
The Arbeiterwohlfahrt has been standing up for justice, equality, solidarity, tolerance and freedom for over 100 years. On the basis of our values, we fight together with members, volunteers and staff for a just society based on solidarity. Our work is professional, inclusive, intercultural, innovative and sustainable. We welcome employees who support us on this path.
Please send your informative application documents in one PDF file by 02/22/2023 to the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences, Prof. Dr. Armin Schneider: personal-sw(at)hs-koblenz.de .
- 56075 Koblenz, Deutschland
- ab 01.09.2023 (befristet)
- Art der Ausschreibung
- Kategorie / Fachrichtung
Zurück zur Liste