In the B.Sc. “Marketing and International Business” programme students gather insights into both strategic and operative key issues with marketing and international business. Based on the fundamentals of business administration, economics and law, students are introduced to the various challenges that managers are facing e.g. in international marketing and/or exports.
The curriculum is composed of compulsory, core and elective modules. In the first study year, students have to complete compulsory modules, equivalent with 5 ECTS points each. The list of compulsory modules covers the following fields of study: Business Administration, Economics, Finance and Investing, Operations Management, Law, Management Accounting, Human Resources Management, Statistics, Mathematics and Academic Writing.
In their second study year students have to complete the three core modules of the programme, i.e. Consumer Behaviour, International Business and Brand Management and Marketing Communications, equivalent with 9 ECTS points each. The core modules have been designed to give students the chance to apply theory on a selection of real-life business scenarios. At the same time, course participants will improve presentation skills, the ability to work in teams as well as critical investigation, and self-motivating study skills.
Furthermore, students have to select two modules from a list of electives. These modules have to be completed the second study year as well.
Characteristic for the programme is the compulsory semester abroad, which students either spend at a partner or a non-partner school of Hochschule Koblenz. The semester abroad has to be scheduled in the third study year. Finally, students have to complete a real-life project in form of a group work and their Bachelor thesis.
• Compulsory Modules:(Business Administration, Economics, Law, Business English I etc.)
• Core Modules only available in English: (Consumer Behaviour, International Business and Brand Management, Marketing Communications)
• Electives: (e.g. foreign languages (French, Spanish), Environmental Economics, Public Speaking & Presentation Skills, Basics of Psychology, Quality Management)
• Compulsory stay abroad:(please note that, depending on the campus location you select for your stay abroad, additional costs of up to 3000 € may be incurred) Learn more.
• Project phase: Completion of a practice-based task for the bachelor thesis