This page is not available in English and displayed in German instead.
What services does the self-access language lab offer?
The digital language lab is for teaching and for and for individual study.
- During the opening hours for individual study, tutors are there to assist the users in finding the right programs to match their needs so that they can practice their skills in different languages on their own.
- During the Lunchtime Club Sessions, students are invited to practice their listening and speaking skills in small groups while relaxing between classes. During regular classes, students benefit from the options provided by a multi-media classroom management system which facilitates interactive language teaching.
What digital resources are available to students?
Our self-access language lab offers a wide range of digital resources with individual team support during the opening hours. Working with the software may be a useful option both for students who would like to know more about the topics covered in class address individual deficits improve their command of languages that are not taught on campus prepare for tests or specific situations The software options available to users include programs for:
- General English: integrated practice for grammar and lexis at beginners', intermediate and advanced level
- Business English: skills training for telephoning, presentations, meetings and negotiations
- TOEFL Preparation: skill-building exercises, background information, practice tests
- Dutch, French, Italian, Japanese and Spanish: interactive training programs at various levels
- German as a Foreign Language: interactive training programs at various levels
- Additional Options: regional and intercultural information
- Diagnostics:computer-based placement test
Come in and find out!
Please visit the language lab and talk to our student assistants! The regular opening hours depend on class schedules, semester dates and other factors. Please consult the posters and table-tents in and around the canteen area get an up-to-date information slip from the library borrowing desk or send us an email or see us in rooms A007 to A009.