Java Programmer Internship (BOXPR2301)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING.
ESPA or European Student Placement Agency is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality intern-ships for European students and recent graduates in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide the candidates with a great experience, both professional and personal.
REQUIREMENTS: ESPA vacancies are open to all EU passport holders able to travel to the UK for an educational work placement, without the need for visa documents. You have to be a registered student and/or have Erasmus+ status to be eligible for our internships. Any student who is unsure of their situation should check with their univer-sity before applying. Non-EU students can also apply if they are studying in the EU and can get an Erasmus+ grant/status for the entire length of the internship.
BENEFITS: All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
1) Paid Accommodation.
2) Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access
3) Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
There is no salary over and above the benefits offered, unless specifically stated.
To know more, please visit: www.espauk.com
As most of European grants are no longer than 6 months the host company might offer a grant replacement dur-ing the second half of the internship (months 7 to the end) in addition to the regular benefits.
The Host Company
This company delivers scalable applications, meant to solve challenges of complexity across a web of business process. The business was conceived originally from a collaboration between Rolls Royce Aerospace and the Uni-versity of Southampton, with the aim to develop solutions to better manage the complexities within the aerospace industry.
The collaboration achieved scalability and today, the company operates on a global footprint. Some examples of customers include: Airbus, Boeing, Siemens, Rolls Royce and the U.S. Navy.
The globalization of markets is accelerating the diffusion of technology and the company has advanced in develop-ing complex technologies to solve a great variety of enterprise challenges, and it is continuing to grow highly paced.
The host company is looking for a Java Programmer, helping to develop innovative and pragmatic solutions to address the challenges of data complexity.
The intern will collaborate with designers, software developers and Aerospatiale engineers. The selected can-didate will work across the full stack to improve the business core platform and to develop prototype applications to explore their future direction.
The intern will have an innate talent for analytical thinking, a high degree of persistence, initiative and innovation adoption. While being passionate for working with people, the resourcefulness of achieving a savvy business per-sonality will be nourished by the company.
The company is headquartered in Bristol. The internship will be placed in Bristol.
12 months preferred. 6 months accepted.
Upper-Intermediate English knowledge. B2 level minimum.
• Software model design and architecture.
• Working on specifications for enhancements to the core platform.
• Improving the continuous integration and the deployment process.
• Looking after the cloud computing infrastructure.
• Computer Science, IT related degree or scientific/numerate degree.
• Proficiency in Java.
• A good understanding of SQL and relational database.
• Experience developing well-tested software.
• Comfortable working across a team with people of different skills.
• Ability to work in a self-directed way.
• Ability to pick up and evaluate new technologies.
• Conduct code reviews and inspections.
• Linux or other Unix operating systems.
• Experience using cloud platforms, e.g. google cloud, docker.
How to apply
STEP 1) Please, register with us at www.espauk.com/students/student-registration/
STEP 2) Please, log in to your account in www.espauk.com/students/student-application/ and then click on the button APPLY next to the vacancy name.
If you have any problems applying for this vacancy please email us at: apply and in the subject please indicate the Name + the code of the vacancy you have issues to apply to.
- BA1 3JN Newbridge Ward, Vereinigtes Königreich
- ab sofort (befristet auf )
- Art der Ausschreibung
- Kategorie / Fachrichtung
- Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften
Zurück zur Liste