This page is not available in English and displayed in German instead.
6 Month Data Analyst Internship (PORDA2903)
6 Month Data Scientist Internship (PORSD2103)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING.
European Student Placement Agency, Ltd (ESPA UK) is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality internships for European students in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide the candidates with a great experience, both professional and personal.
REQUIREMENTS: ESPA vacancies are open to all EU passport holders able to travel to the UK for an educational work placement, without the need for visa documents. You have to be a registered student and/or have Erasmus+ status to be eligible for our internships. Any student who is unsure of their situation should check with their university before applying. Non-EU students can also apply if they are studying in the EU and can get an Erasmus+ grant/status for the entire length of the internship.
All interns coming to the UK for an internship experience must have work place accident insurance which covers them for the internship.
BENEFITS: All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
1) Paid Accommodation.
2) Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access
3) Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
There is no salary over and above the benefits offered, unless specifically stated.
To know more, please visit: www.espauk.com
The Host Company
Family business started in Spain in 2003 with a property website, in 2009 the business moved to the UK and their website became leading portal for international buyers of Spanish Property with revenue of €2M. The chosen candidate will work with a small team of 15 software developers and customer support staff working in 5 different countries. Communication and actions happen quickly within the team, with everyone empowered and expected to take the lead. In the company own words “We expect to make mistakes, and we expect to put them right-as a team”. The company is growing rapidly and this is an exciting phase of their history, in 2017 they will expand to serve other property markets.
As a Data Scientist the intern will help the company make sense of their high value of data they have accumulated over the past 13 years. The intern should be able to help the company understand where they have enough data to draw significant conclusions – and where they don’t. Find interesting data and interpret them, as well has help design algorithms to gain deeper insights and conclusions will be some of the challenges. After getting familiar with the data, the intern should work autonomously to solve real problems and publish real insights. The intern should be fascinated by data and unlocking its secrets and thrive on figuring out stuff autonomously rather than being told the answers. Depending on the intern performance a job may be offered. The interns commercial, people and technical skills will be raised.
Good written and spoken English levels are required (B2 onwards).
· Distinguish between all data what is relevant and what is not to draw significant conclusions
· Find interesting data and interpret it
· Design algorithms to gain deeper insights and conclusions
· Solve real problems and publish real insights once you are familiar with the data
· Maths / data analysis background
· Querying databases (SQL / PostgreSQL)
· Strong analytical skills
· Familiarity with data visualisation software packages (Chartio / Tableau)
· Fascinated by data and unlocking secrets
· Autonomy / curiosity
· Knowledge of French or Spanish would be an advantage
How to apply
PLEASE email us at: portal93 and in the subject please indicate the Name + the code of the vacancy you have issues to apply to.
- EH48 1AH Bathgate Ward, Vereinigtes Königreich
- ab sofort (unbefristet)
- Art der Ausschreibung
- Kategorie / Fachrichtung
- Sozialwissenschaften / Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften / Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Zurück zur Liste